LPN and RN
Reports To: Administrator
- Current Multistate License and graduate of an approved LPN/LVN school of nursing.
- Minimum of one year experience in home care or similar setting.
- Two (2) satisfactory references from past employers.
- Demonstration of satisfactory knowledge and competency for the delivery of services, treatments, and teaching under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Delivery of patient care as appropriate to provide services in accordance with Agency policies under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Provides nursing care under the supervision of the Administration and according to the plan of care derived from physician’s orders and Registered Nurse assessment. Nursing Care includes physical care, emotional support, and patient and family education.
- Recognizes and reports symptoms that indicate changes in the condition of the patient to the Administrator.
- Provides nursing care and services that is in accordance with Agency client care and general medical policies.
- Adheres to strict aseptic technique when performing treatments requiring its use.
- Provides clients with the knowledge and assistance to learn appropriate self-care techniques.
- Accurately records patient’s condition in the Nurses notes.
- Observes, records and reports to the appropriate professional the symptoms, reaction and changes including:
- General physical and mental condition of patients, and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes.
- Stresses in human relationships between patients, between patients and personnel, and between patients and their families and visitors.
- Performs selected nursing procedures such as:
- Filling medication cassettes and treatments prescribed by the physician: and
- Preparation and care of patients receiving specialized treatments administered by a professional nurse.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan through being aware of and encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of patients;
- Encouraging patients to help themselves within their own capabilities in performing activities of daily living;
- Knowledge and application of the principles of prevention of deformities, the normal range of motion, body mechanics, and body alignment.
- Participates in staff in service programs. (Must attend 12 hours annually).
- Participates in regular performance evaluations with Administrator or designee.
- Maintains a continuing knowledge of competencies related to the nursing profession by participation in in service and educational programs, conferences, workshops and professional organizations.
- Understands human relationships between and among patients and personnel, patients and families, families and personnel; recognizes and understands cultural backgrounds and spiritual needs, respects the religious beliefs of individual patients.
- Abides by administrative policies regarding nursing coverage and responsibilities, scheduling availability, and provides support to the Nursing Department as deemed appropriate.
- When necessary, works on additional projects within scope of knowledge, as requested by Administrator.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Amazing Grace Care Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.