Amazing Grace Care Services is a licensed, bonded and insured home health agency that provides home health care services to clients in their homes. We are currently is looking for a knowledgeable, experienced and board certified HHA. Amazing Grace Care Services is adding to our team in Annandale and we’d love for you to be a part of our extensive growth!
- Provides health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks and other related support services essential to the consumer’s health.
- Observes records and reports all changes to supervisor. All HHA’s must demonstrate competence in performing the necessary skills and only perform those skills on the plan of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs home management tasks including housekeeping, laundry, shopping and errands
- Prepares and serves simple modified diets according to instruction and assists with feeding as necessary
- Assists with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Assists with toileting, including use of bedpan, commode or toilet
- Assists with transfers and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair
- Assists with medication as specified on plan of care
- Provides routine skin care. May assist self-directing consumers in applying nonprescription topical medications to skin surface.
- Measures and records vital signs
- Collects routine specimens
- Obtains consumer’s weight
- Assist self-directing consumers in performing maintenance exercise programs
- Cares for male external catheter. Assists with the emptying of indwelling catheter care bag.
- Assists the self-directing consumer with use of oxygen equipment
- Assists a self-directing consumer with the changing a urinary diversion appliance or dressing when the ostomy is mature and stable
- Completes all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice
- Must have a current and valid HHA Certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a phone or a way to communicate to the office daily
- Must be able to arrive at cases at the required time
- Some cases require the employee to have a car with a valid NYS DL
- Must be able to follow the care plan written in the home
- Purified protein derivative (PPD) documentation must be within one year of hire
- Physical exam- must state that you are able to work with no restrictions and completed within one year of date of hire
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalency
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Amazing Grace Care Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.